Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ummm... Whoops?

So I haven't done this in a while.


UPDATES SINCE JUNE!
  • I am happily in training for Little Rock Marathon next March!!! I ran a lovely, quaint, rather easy 8 miler yesterday (no big deal) and despite some fuel issues (namely the fact that I completely forgot Gu/fruit strips/anything of the sort at all) and a sore butt today (we ran up Kavanaugh, AKA the Hill O' Death), it went amazingly! I feel more prepared for Soaring Wings on the 29th of next month than I ever did for Nashville, probably because I'm actually training now, rather than just building a fitness base. 
  • I'm an obnoxiously proud New Member of the Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Zeta!! I'm so amazingly blessed to have been invited to become a part of one of the most amazing groups of women I've ever met. 
  • I'm teaching a Latin/Hip-Hop fusion class at UCA! Awesome because I'm also AFAA Group Ex Certified and that makes me legit (too legit to quit).
  • Total weight loss: 60 pounds. I tried lifting a 60 pound dumbbell at the gym the other day and I looked like a moron. Then some guy walked up, grabbed both and did bicep curls. Whatevs. I'd also like to note that 60 pounds is the size of one of my little brothers. Or 240 sticks of butter (ewwwwww). Or three tires. Or 12 chihuahuas. Or Kate Moss. Long story short, it's a lot.
  • New goal: Branson Ironman 70.3 next September. That's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run. I figure after Little Rock plus a month or two of active recovery I'll be in good enough shape to maintain and then train for this. 
  • Long-term goal: I WILL be an Ironman. Maybe not for 5 years, maybe not for 10, but one day I will conquer the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and 26.2 mile run. It's gonna happen. Until then, this is what I look at every time I look at my phone...



No comments:

Post a Comment