Wednesday, June 22, 2011

795.5 Miles.

So yeah, I've got my running schedule planned out from this Sunday until the Little Rock Marathon next March. That 10th anniversary medal better be frickin' ginormous.

Because I know myself and I know how much running can suck sometimes if you're REAAAAALLLLY not feeling it (not a "ew I'd rather not run today" but an "I would rather use a toenail to give myself brain surgery and temporarily disable my legs than run" day. those happen. occasionally) I've built in enough time that missing a run (or two or three, since I usually get a lovely illness in late-fall/early-winter) won't be a problem at all. In 8 months, I'll have (hopefully, please dear God let me have) conquered my first (and perhaps only) 26.2. And I'll have the baddest-ass sticker on the back of my car to prove it. 


Cross-training will be used 1-2 days a week, and may be used to substitute for runs in the event of emergency. Sprinkle copious amounts of yoga and a dash of Zumba and you've got a winning recipe.

I believe the week of March 11th looks fantastic. If it's on the schedule, you have to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment